Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I am my mother's daughter...

Back in the day my mom would have a huge stack of coupons every time we went to the grocery store and it was my special job to collect the coupons on Sundays and cut them out for her... Well guess who just remembered all of this and has begun her own coupon stack... THATS RIGHT ME!
One of the hardest things for me when I first got married was meal planning and grocery shopping. I hated both with a passion and would much rather go out to eat or visit BK or dare I say Mcdonalds. Not so anymore...with a little one on the way we are finding ways to save money and I am in charge of the food for our household. 
Now I religiously cut out my coupons on Sundays and hunt for the best deals on food for the week. It is kinda like a game for me... and I get really excited when I save more money than I spend. Plus I have found that cooking isn't all that bad and we still have free days to visit our fav restaurants and fast food joints.


I think my mother would be proud.

1 comment: