Thursday, June 3, 2010

38 weeks and counting...

Here is a little update on what has been going on at the Underwood home...absolutely nothing! No seriously I thought for sure by now that I would be updating this blog about our new little bundle of joy but he is not here yet so... you get a wonderful picture of me in all my preggo glory at 38 weeks. 

(Clay wasn't around so this is a lovely photo of our bathroom too!)

After all of the drama with this pregnancy (I started having high blood pressure at 30 weeks which is a sign of preeclampsia) We had several different plans set witht he Dr about how far I would be allowed to go before my health would force the delievery of this baby... this totally freaked me out...no one wants to hear about a premie baby or the "what ifs".  So I was forced to take things easy and try to get to the safe zone of 36-37 weeks. We did have a close call of pre-term labor at 35 weeks but the Dr was able to stop the contractions. Now that I am past the safe zone for delivering a healthy baby it seems like Cage wants nothing to do with the idea. So we wait....

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! Well at least you're past the preemie stage now! You're belly hasn't changed at all since we left! I bet you are wanting this baby out now!!

    ReplyDelete