Sunday, February 26, 2012

My boy

Raising a boy is hard.



Somedays I just want to throw in the towel and call it quits...
today was one of those days.

Cage has not been sleeping well at night for the past few days.  I don't know if it is night terrors or growing pains but he wakes up 2-3 times a night screaming like crazy and all he wants is to sleep next to us, so I let him.  Night after night the screaming takes a toll on you. 

Today he did not want to wake up for church.
I tried everything to get him up but he was not having it...

I should have called it quits and gone back to bed but I didn't.

He and I went to church, we sat in our normal pew and brought all of his normal church things just like we do every other Sunday but this Sunday was not normal....

During Sacrament he threw a whole container of crayons straight up into the air, spreading them over at least 3 or 4 pews.  Then after coming back from time-out in the hallway he preceded to scream...not just an upset child scream but a full body tantrum.

I was done. 

I stood up and walked straight out of church with my screaming son and went home.  We both took long naps.  Luckily Clay took over when he got home from work because I needed a break. 

Being a mom is hard. 

I am not perfect and unfortunately I am constantly being tested in the areas I struggle the most.  But I try to remember that one day I will have other trials and challenges with him and I will miss and wish for the days of flying crayons and night terrors.

Thank heavens tomorrow is a new day and we can start fresh.   

No comments:

Post a Comment